Be recognized for your creativity!
- Submit your work digitally (see image)
- Enter by November 6th, 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Need more? Watch Mrs. B's instructional video below on how to submit your artwork digitally!
2020-2021 Reflections Theme
I MATTER BECAUSE...is the theme for the 2020-2021 school year. Students are encouraged to submit original works of art in one or more categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music, Photography and Visual Art.
Please note: All participants must have at least one current Hughston PTA member in their household for the 2020-2021 school year.
Click here to join PTA.
A LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE REFLECTIONS PROGRAM
The National PTA Reflections Program is America's oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. Reflections welcomes students of all grade levels and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are encouraged to reflect on the common theme and create original artistic works in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
- We are excited to offer "Fine Arts University" where students will create their entries with instruction in the fine arts. There will be more information posted about this opportunity.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per student.
- Program Rules English | Spanish
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form.
- Remember to reflect the theme in the work!
- Guidelines and requirements must be met or your entry will not be judged (see the program rules above).
- Submit completed artwork ONLINE using the form in the blue box above.
- Entry Deadline: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6 @11:59 PM
- Please email us with any questions at email@example.com
“WHAT DO WE WIN? IS THIS A CONTEST?”
- This is not technically a contest. It is truly a program created to give students a forum to explore the arts and expand their interests and talents.
- Students are individually judged on their project and not judged against the other students.
- They are judged on how well they explain their art fits the theme, the mastery of the medium used, and their creativity.
- Ribbons will be awarded to all entrants, with recognition categories of:
- Award of Excellence (blue ribbon)
- Award of Merit (red ribbon)
- Honorable Mention (white ribbon)
- Top entries will advance to Plano ISD Council of PTAs at the beginning of December for the next level judging with potential to advance to the Texas PTA and National PTA levels.
- Advancing students have chances to win monetary prizes for their art!
REFLECTIONS THEME SEARCH 2021-2022
Each year, the National PTA’s Reflections Program adopts a new theme that students use when creating their artwork. Theme ideas are submitted by students from across the country. The student who submits the winning entry receives $100 and his/her theme is used as the foundation for Reflections in the following year. For additional information, please visit the Texas PTA Reflections Theme Search page.
questions? email Katy Brandeland at firstname.lastname@example.org