Kick-Off Meeting Is September 25th, 2023 at 6:00 PM
The Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program enables Dads/Grandfathers/Uncles (etc.) to volunteer by helping out at Hughston for a day. You will be able to help in your student's class(es) as well as in other areas and grade levels. It's a great way to see what goes on while your child is at school, and all the kids & teachers enjoy having the dads there to help out and interact with students.
- A volunteer application must be completed and cleared before coming on to the campus as a Watch D.O.G.S. Volunteer
- You must choose Hughston in order to be cleared for our school. If you don't receive confirmation of your clearance, you can email Lynn Thompson, our school secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org to check your status. Background checks typically take 48-72 hours to complete.
- School Code: TX1190 Password: watchdogs1 (all lowercase)
- Please make sure to have your shirt shipped to your home and not the school.
- We offer full-day volunteer slots on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week (7:15-7:45). There is a 1/2-day option on Thursday that runs 7:15-12:00.
- We have a high level of interest in the program this year. We are asking that you choose one day to sign up for this year, in order to give space to all interested volunteers.
- Link to the Watch D.O.G.S Sign-Up Genius is above.
-Additional WATCHDOG opportunities-
- Teacher Tailgate
- Volunteering at PTA Events (Spring Fling, Family Picnic, etc.)
- Friday Morning Carpool Greeters (fill out the Google Form HERE)
- Safety Patrol students will be outside opening the car doors. You can be out in front of the building greeting students as they walk into the building, starting their morning off on a friendly note!
- Ice D.O.G.S. Carpool Duty (join the Remind text group HERE)
- There are some mornings that are below freezing, and we cannot send students outside to open the car doors. This is usually a night before or morning of text from me asking for all available Watch D.O.G.S. to bundle up and come help with carpool!