Kick-Off Meeting Is September 26th, 2022 at 6:00 PM
The Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program enables Dads/Grandfathers/Uncles (etc.) to volunteer by helping out at Hughston for a day. You will be able to help in your student's class(es) as well as in other areas and grade levels. It's a great way to see what goes on while your child is at school, and all the kids & teachers enjoy having the dads there to help out and interact with students.
All Watch D.O.G.S. must apply as a volunteer with PISD every year!
- A volunteer application must be completed and cleared before coming on to the campus as a Watch D.O.G.S. Volunteer
- You must choose Hughston in order to be cleared for our school. If you don't receive confirmation of your clearance, you can email Lynn Thompson, our school secretary, at email@example.com to check your status. Background checks typically take 48-72 hours to complete.
All Watch D.O.G.S. must have a T-shirt in order to volunteer. If you do not have a t-shirt from a previous year, you will need to order one online. Do this ASAP due to shipping delays.
- School Code: TX1190 Password: watchdogs1 (all lowercase)
- Please make sure to have your shirt shipped to your home and not the school.
All Watch D.O.G.S. must sign up to volunteer once background check is complete. Volunteer button will be active after September 26, 2022.
- We offer full-day volunteer slots on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week (7:15-7:45). There is a 1/2-day option on Thursday that runs 7:15-12:00.
- We have a high level of interest in the program this year. We are asking that you choose one day to sign up for this year, in order to give space to all interested volunteers.
- Link to the Watch D.O.G.S Sign-Up Genius is above.
-Additional WATCHDOG opportunities-
- Teacher Tailgate @October 14 (click HERE to sign up to help)
- Volunteering at PTA Events (Spring Fling, Family Picnic, etc.)
- Friday Morning Carpool Greeters (fill out the Google Form HERE)
- Safety Patrol students will be outside opening the car doors. You can be out in front of the building greeting students as they walk into the building, starting their morning off on a friendly note!
- Ice D.O.G.S. Carpool Duty (join the Remind text group HERE)
- There are some mornings that are below freezing, and we cannot send students outside to open the car doors. This is usually a night before or morning of text from me asking for all available Watch D.O.G.S. to bundle up and come help with carpool!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com